Machete gang attack mum in Solihull-Birmingham, family home ‘targeted by mistake’

The attack happened in Chelmsley Wood, three men ran off from the scene. Starting to think the ‘right to bear’ arms needs discussion.

Article from Birmingham Live website below…

A masked gang wielding a machete and screwdrivers attacked a terrified mum as they smashed their way into her family home ‘by mistake’.

After shattering a window, the armed trio forced their way into the Chelmsley Wood house in ‘error’ on Friday night (February 19).

The victim, a 43-year-old mum, was then threatened and assaulted in the horrifying ordeal at around 9.40pm.

Police said the three men ran off from the scene, leaving the woman bruised and shaken.

A full search of the area was carried out by investigating officers and house to house inquiries were being carried out on Saturday.

Patrols have also been stepped up after what West Midlands Police branded a ‘cowardly crime’.

The force urged anyone with information – no matter how small – to come forward as they continue to hunt the attackers.

Detective Inspector Nicholas Barnes, said: “This was a cowardly crime, carried out on a family home, where people have every right to feel safe.

“I want to reassure people that incidents like this are very rare and we are doing everything we can to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident to trace and arrest the people responsible.

“I would urge anyone who saw anything suspicious near to the property last night, or has any other information which could help us to get in touch.

“No matter how trivial you think that information is, it could prove vital to the investigation.”

West Midlands Police said they believe the family home was targeted in error.

A statement from the force read: “We’ve launched an investigation after a house on White Beam Road, Chelmsley Wood was broken into last night (19 February).

“Three masked men armed with screwdrivers and a machete smashed a window and forced their way into the address at around 9.40pm.

“The suspects threatened and assaulted a 43-year-old woman before running off. Although the investigation is in the early stages detectives believe the property was targeted in error.

“A full search of the area by officers has been carried out and house-to-house enquiries are being conducted. High visibility patrols have been stepped up in the area to reassure the local community.”